My dad would have turned 59 today. Hard to believe he’s been gone for over four years. Sad to think about how young he was and how much he has missed since then.
Hug your loved ones today. Say your apologies, your thank yous, and let go of the anger, hurt, and regret. You never know which day, holiday, birthday will be your last opportunity to be with them. Enjoy it while you can.
Did a little shopping today…not sure you would call it Black Friday shopping since we were really just looking for a reason to get out of the house, but we got a crockpot and a welcome mat from Kohls for less than $12. Also got some gloves and a scarf from Target for super cheap. Disappointed they were all out of the boots I wanted, but guess we did pretty well…
This Thanksgiving I’m grateful for so many things. Just to name a few:
* my amazing husband who is a true partner
* my family - even though they’re far away and I don’t see them often, I know they’re in my corner whenever I need them
* living in California - never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine I would actually move away from all my family/friends and start a life in a completely new area. So grateful to live in such an amazing area with so much to do and see
* my friends - near and far; new and old
* my job
* my health
* my kitties
* Olive Garden, Chipotle, Mexican food, dessert
* hot showers
* upcoming Vegas trip…less than a month away!
* so much more.I don’t say it often, but I do think about my blessings daily and feel incredibly grateful for my life and all the people in it. The good definitely outweighs the bad.
My day off today was filled with adulting. Went to the dentist, got a new vacuum, and a new set of pots and pans. It’s kind of sad how excited I am about these new items. I’ve already vacuumed our entire place (we’re talking even under furniture) and have washed and put away all the new pots and pans.
On a related note, I now realize how crappy our old vacuum was…this new one is picking up so much (and by so much I mean mainly lots of cat hair and my hair…gross, but true).
Exciting stuff happening over here…